- By reaching your hand up towards the sky, a bird of some local species will land on your hand. It can carry one small object and place it in a location you can clearly describe, but is not necessarily more intelligent or perceptive than a normal bird.
- By staring at someone in your direct line-of-sight and rolling your eyes back, you afflict them with a sense of falling from a great height for as many turns as you have Vim.
- If you lightly polish any surface, it becomes incredibly shiny, reflective, and attention-grabbing. The surface cannot be larger than roughly the size of your palm, and the effect ends when another person touches it.
- You may easily remove an eye and place it anywhere for as many hours as you have Charisma. Your eye being outside of your body does not affect your balance whatsoever, but not replacing it after the time limit is up causes permanent severing.
Someone else's face,
Maps and atlases and stellar maps,
Gliders and hot-air balloons.
It will also send you to define, map out, and reconnoiter known and unknown locales in The Dream, as well as report on patterns you observe.
- By passing your palm over your eyes at someone without blinking, you induce one to two seconds of micro-sleep on them.
- By looking at someone’s face between a circled thumb and index finger you afflict them with constant, feverish nightmares. The next time they fall asleep, they will be unable to awaken until you yourself sleep.
- By pressing your thumb to someone’s throat, you take air from their lungs; this requires you maintain a hold.
- You can expectorate or weep as much black ink as saliva or tears.
In exchange for these competencies, Goodnight Moon will accept:
Peace of any kind,
They will also want you to not talk to them. At all.